Our Commitment to Environment and People
Our commitment to both the planet we inhabit and the people on the POOPOOPAPER team is genuine and unwavering. We honestly believe that there is a middle way - where people can balance their commercial pursuits and be good stewards of our shared environment. We're doing our best and strive to improve everyday.
1. No trees have been cut to produce POOPOOPAPER™ papers. We have truly developed a new range of innovative and alternative pulp sources. Our products are an excellent example of recycling and sustainability - by taking actual waste and re-purposing it into functional alternative-fiber paper products we're on the leading edge of progressive recycling initiatives.
2. We have evolved to now print and color over 95% of our products with natural soy-inks and non-toxic and edible food coloring. All printing on our stock products utlize eco-friendly and natural soy-based inks.
3. We have and will continue to support elephant welfare and conservation initiatives and support large and small organizations, schools and individuals with a focus on preserving the natural environment. We have supported such efforts with cash and in-kind donations since inception.
4. We directly operate a flex-work cottage-based manufacturing production framework in Thailand where many of our crafts people (over 95% females) have the opportunity to work at home with flexibility to attend to their own seasonal harvesting commitments as well as maintain their family household management responsibilities. Incomes generated often enhances largely agriculture-based family incomes.
5. We provide employment to many ethnic minorities many of whose parents originate from areas in proximity rife with political conflict and lack of basic freedoms that we take for granted. Many others on our staff otherwise would not otherwise be able to find reliable, meaningful employment in the local market due to local biases, discriminatory practices and restrictions of mobility. We assist with necessary work permits and pay a fair and legal wage with all our employees having social security benefits including a retirement savings and unemployment insurance plan as well as a comprehensive health care coverage.